- Cold Island is set in the near future of a post-Brexit UK.
- Max is currently expanding the Lieutenant Reim series of spy and crime fiction, which starts in 1983 with Stasi Vice. The novels are narrated by our eponymous anti-hero, a junior officer in the Stasi.
- Previous work includes the East Berlin Series of proto-utopian fiction set in a GDR that didn’t disappear in 1990:
He has also co-written and edited:
Before becoming a full-time author Max worked as:
- a Stasi and SED (East German Communist Party) files archivist – mostly evaluating and processing records of the opposition movements in the GDR as well as security issues on the Berlin Wall;
- a co-operative development worker;
- and a book seller.
Stay in touch
Catch Max on Twitter, or sign up to his newsletter:
- get sneak previews, features and news–straight to your inbox,
- get a free short story “Shed No Tears”.
Find out more about the newsletter.
Contact Max directly using the form on the contact page.