Stealing The Future
The first book in the East Berlin Series.
Behind the Berlin Wall a dissident is on the trail of a killer
1993. After forty years of communist rule it’s time for change in the GDR.
Direct democracy, citizen’s movements and de-centralization are part of the new political landscape.
But when a politician’s crushed body is found a constitutional crisis erupts.
Former dissident, Martin Grobe, is caught up in an investigation that points towards the KGB, the Stasi and the West Germans—but is it really the start of a putsch against the new GDR, or just a murder?
‘An honest portrayal of a young country and the struggle to keep alive the dream of freedom, justice and equality.’ – New Internationalist
Thoughts Are Free
The second book in the East Berlin Series.
1994: Life isn’t easy in the GDR
Fascist skinheads roam the streets of East Berlin, the country is divided by a referendum.
With the start of the East German revolution in 1989 Martin Grobe switched from opposing the state to working for the state.
Four years later, the GDR is in turmoil: in a city ravaged by politics and economic meltdown it’s up to Martin to make the dreamers of 1989 face up to hard reality.
But when an ex-Stasi agent goes undercover on a mission against the fascists, events begin to spiral out of Martin’s control.
Spectre At The Feast
The third book in the East Berlin Series.
In the wake of a divisive referendum the people of the GDR are trying to find some common ground.
But an ex-dissident uncovers plans for a power grab by communist hard-liners—can the grassroots democracy of round tables and workers’ councils survive, or will the country be dragged back into the authoritarian rule of the past?
Available autumn 2017
Books co-written by Max Hertzberg
Co-operative decision making for activists, co-ops and communities by Seeds for Change.
Practical guide to facilitating the consensus decision making process
- Skills and tools for facilitation and decision making
- Small and large groups
- Face to face or virtual meetings
- Spirit and philosophy of consensus decision making
- Troubleshoot your consensus process – a guide to dealing with common pitfalls and problems
- Consensus in the wider world – how can consensus decision making be used outside small groups?
Whether you’re new to consensus or are experienced; whether you think it’s the best way to make decisions or are struggling to make it work: this book is for you!
‘Excellent – clear guidance, thoughtful reflection on power and conflict’ – The Guardian
Published by Radical Routes.
A practical guide to setting up and running a workers’ co-op, with information and tips on equitable working, legal issues and running a business.
- What is a workers’ co-op
- Setting up your co-op, business planning and raising finance
- Running a business and working together
- Choosing your legal form (includes Coops UK approved model articles for a Workers’ Co-op (Company limited by guarantee))
- Sample employment contracts, grievance and disciplinary procedures etc